Tips on how to prepare for AAI Junior Executive Exam & Interview?
Is that a bird? Is that Harry Potter on a broomstick? Why is that bird so shiny? These are some of the questions kids have asked these days looking up at the sky during the day. However, the answer was, wait no it’s not superman either. That is an Aeroplane flying high in the sky carrying goods and their owners to faraway places. Flying these big metal birds is a challenge. However, controlling hundreds of these birds is a bigger challenge. Therefore, we have Airports Authority of India, a Public-Sector Undertaking that creates, maintains and manages civil aviation infrastructure in India.
Who takes care of an Airport?
A team of Individuals takes care of an airport. The ground staff, technical staff together are responsible for various tasks. From fueling the aircraft to making repairs, storing food and drinks, boarding your luggage and also guiding pilots to land the aircraft safely. Whereas, Junior Executives in the AAI will be hired for various departments such as Electrical, Civil, Architecture. Each JE appointed to the particular department has separate tasks assigned to them.
How to prepare for a job as Junior Executive in AAI?
The Airports Authority of India selects individuals with a good education. I.e.., Applicants must have 60% marks in academics with mathematics and physics as the main subjects. Candidates with BTech degree in Civil, Electrical, Electronics and Architecture Degree holders will be eligible for the AAI Recruitment. AAI follows the following process to hire employees for Junior Engineer posts.
The written test is an objective type test given in two parts. The first part namely, Technical consists of 60 questions on Mathematics and Physics. And 20 questions based on the English language will be given. The candidates can study the following topics to help prepare for the Technical questions. Questions can be both theoretical and problematic. Referring Previous Years Papers can be useful to get an idea of the type of questions asked.
- Differential Equations
- Probability and Statistics
- Numerical Methods
- Electrical Circuits and Measurements.
- Electrical Machines and Transformers.
- Analog and Digital Electronics.
- Power Electronics.
- Microprocessor & Microcontrollers.
- Signals and Systems.
- Electric Power Systems.
- Power System Analysis and Stability and Control.
- Electrical Power Utilization.
- Management and Entrepreneurship etc.
- Civil Engineering Materials and Construction.
- Solid Mechanics, Structural Analysis.
- Concrete Technology.
- Reinforced Concrete Structures.
- Steel Structures.
- PSC Structures.
- Fluid Mechanics.
- Hydrology & Water Resources Engineering.
- Hydraulic Structures.
- Soil Mechanics and Foundation Engineering.
- Transportation Engineering.
- Environmental Engineering.
- Bridge Engineering.
- Estimation, Costing, and Specifications.
- Construction and Project Management.
- Environmental Studies etc.
- Digital Logic.
- Computer Organization and Architecture.
- Programming and Data Structures.
- Theory of Computation.
- Compiler Design.
- Operating System.
- Information Systems and Software Engineering.
- Computer Networks.
- Web technologies.
Take Mock Tests and Download Free PDFs for Quantitative Aptitude and Reasoning – Download Insert link here
The part two is to test the candidates on their Intelligence with subjects like Logical Reasoning, Numerical Ability, General Knowledge and Current Affairs. 40 questions are asked on a whole in this part. Candidates can study books on Aptitude and Reasoning from well-known authors such as.
- RD Sharma’s Objective Mathematics
- Reasoning & Aptitude by Nem Singh
- Quantitative Aptitude for competitive Exams by Abhijit Guha
- A modern approach to Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning by R S Aggarwal
- Analytical Reasoning by M K Pandey
- Quicker Maths by M Tyra
Take Mock Tests and Download Free PDFs for English Language Quiz – Download (Insert link)
Coming to the Second part of the selection process –Personal Interview
In this round candidate can expect questions based on scenarios given by the interviewer. Case studies may be given to analyze and report back. An Oral test about latest technologies related the candidate’s field of study. The results of the Personal Interview depend on the applicant’s ability to answer questions confidently and clearly. Subject Knowledge plays a crucial role in cracking this round. Therefore, go through the following tips carefully.
- Present yourself clearly and properly to the interviewer/s.
- Keep yourself calm before, during and after the interview.
- Make prior preparations for the projects you have undertaken in your career/ college.
- Giving precise and clear answers to the questions asked will create a positive impression.
- Use the time before the interview to go through key points of your subject specialization.
Thus, use all these tips to help yourself prepare for the AAI JE Recruitment 2018. Make sure to prepare well in advance for the exams. You can bookmark our page and subscribe to a newsletter to receive regular updates about the AAI Recruitment. Also, take our Mock Tests on various topics such as Current Affairs, General Knowledge, Logical Reasoning, English Language, Quantitative Aptitude and many more. So, what are you waiting for? Get cracking and start studying to get Jobs in Airports across India.